Protect Your Mouth With Oral Surgery in Vacaville
Decay is the #1 reason for extraction, followed by gum disease. Source.
No one likes the idea of getting a surgical procedure. However, sometimes it’s necessary to improve your oral health and save your teeth from further damage. Whether you are preparing your mouth for implants
, need an extraction to remove a damaged or diseased tooth, or need to remove your wisdom teeth, you can trust our expert team for your oral surgery in Vacaville. With our help, you can:
- Stop the pain and enjoy your life again
- Get your jaw ready for dental implants
- Preserve your healthy teeth and gums
- Improve your overall health and well-being
If you need an oral surgical procedure, call today at 707-873-3406 for an appointment. If it’s an emergency situation, we’ll try to see you the same day.
Strengthen Your Smile With a Surgical Procedure
There’s no reason to worry when you visit our dental team for your surgical needs. With our advanced technology and use of the latest patient treatment techniques, you are in good hands. Because we rarely have to refer our patients to an outside specialist, you likely won’t need to see another oral surgeon.
Here are a few types of surgeries we do at our practice:
- Tooth Extraction – While we always prefer to save a tooth, sometimes it’s necessary to perform an extraction if a tooth is diseased or too damaged to repair. This will protect your other healthy teeth and prevent further damage.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – If you are around the ages of 17 to 25, you will begin to see your third molars or “wisdom teeth” start to come in. These new teeth can crowd your other adult teeth and cause complications. In most cases, we are able to extract these teeth. On rare occasions, we may need to refer you to a specialist.
- Ridge Augmentation – This procedure rebuilds the ridge of your jaw if you’ve suffered bone loss because of missing teeth or suffered other injuries that affect your jaw’s appearance and function. It will help prepare your mouth for restorations such as implants.
- Sinus Lifts – If you have bone loss in your upper jaw, we may need to perform a sinus lift that adds enough bone to this area to support implants.
- Bone Grafts – This procedure adds bone to your jaw to support implants. This new bone will improve your jawbone health.
- Gum Grafts – In order to prevent further recession of your gums, gum grafting restores gum tissue. This improves your gum health and helps prevent tooth loss.
Because we never want you to feel rushed, you can take all the time you need to address all of your concerns with our team prior to your surgery. During your procedure, we make sure you are completely comfortable. While we use a local anesthetic to numb the surgical site, we also can provide laughing gas to give you a further sense of relaxation.
If you need oral surgery in Vacaville, call us today at 707-873-3406 for an appointment. You can also . Read More
Maintain Good Oral Health to Avoid Surgery
If you want to avoid the need for oral surgery, one of the best things you can do is maintain good oral care practices. By taking care of your smile, you are doing everything you can to keep it healthy for life. We have a few tips for you to keep in mind:
- Brush twice a day and floss once a day. This removes food particles and keeps cavity-causing bacteria at bay.
- Eat healthy. By having the right nutrients in your diet, like calcium, fiber, and vitamin C, you strengthen your tooth enamel and improve the health of your gums.
- Wear a mouthguard. If you play sports, you’ll want a custom-fit mouthguard to protect your teeth from damage. Remember, one elbow to the mouth can easily knock out a tooth.
- Visit us every six months for a cleaning and exam. We love to stay ahead of oral health problems! By visiting us regularly, you stay on top of issues like cavities and gum disease before they even happen.
- Don’t ignore pain. If you have pain in your mouth or it hurts when you chew, schedule an appointment as soon as you can. This can be an indication of an infection or other issue that can only worsen if ignored.